3D Invigorator is a feature-rich plug-in for After Effects that can create 3D objects (text, logos, etc.) with ease. From a simple (or complex) Adobe Illustrator outline, the Invigorator will generate 3D objects that can be manipulated, lit, textured, and animated in realtime.
You are given the choice of using the After Effects 3D cameras and lights or you can use the tools provided by the Invigorator. You may also use After Effects layers (images, movies, text, etc.) as textures on Invigorator objects, so there's virtually no limit as to what you can create with the Invigorator.
- Instant 3D object creation using Adobe Illustrator files
- World's best title and logo modeler
- Drag & drop materials, lighting & complete Object styles
- Instant edge splitting for multiple colors per object
- Play movies on 3D objects
- Links to After Effects' 3D cameras & lights
3D Invigorator Pro Features
The PRO version gives you the incredible ability to bring 3D models right into After Effects. This is truly a designer's dream because you can mix 2D layers with live 3D elements in the same project.
The PRO version accelerates rendering speed using OpenGL accelerator cards. So your 3D elements can be animated and rendered in record time.
The PRO version enables you to design your own Edge Profiles. This enables you to create the fresh new looks you see in today's spots and promos.
Includes all the features of Invigorator Classic, plus...
- Ray-Trace Reflectivity & Shadows! (NEW)
- Ultra Realistic Shadows with Ambient Occlusion (NEW)
- Create Glass or Water with Refraction (NEW)
- Automatic creation of 3D objects from pictures (NEW)
- Increased Number of Sets and Layer Maps (NEW)
- 3D text created directly from fonts
- Render in wireframe, cartoon, and photo-realistic styles
- Advanced modeling tools and Primitives
- Import models from other 3D programs
- SuperFast rendering (2x to 10x Classic speed!)
3D Text Creation
- Rather than starting in Adobe Illustrator, you can now jump into the 3D process with a full-featured text editor. The 3D text engine can use Post Script Type 1 and True Type fonts resident on your computer system to directly create 3D models using any of the 100 edge bevels included with the program.
- Each letter can have its own font, size, kerning, tracking, baseline shift, horizontal and vertical scale, color, bevel, position and depth. But the most astounding hallmark to this feature is the ability to change the text at any phase of the production process and retain the color, modeling and animation.
- This means that after the first version of a promo is created, 50 other versions can be created by simply changing the text. The new 3D text will retain the same coloring, text attributes, 3D beveling, texture map placement and even the animation data. This makes for an unbelievably fast production process when many changes or extra versions are needed.
- Need a spinning globe? Need a video box or a 3D floor? Now one button will get you there. The new primitives engine will create spheres, cubes, planes and cylinders with control over smoothness and size. There is even a control for the shading of the facets so you can create shapes that look like they have been cut from crystal or polished as smooth as a gem.
New Import / Export Format
- The new Invigorator object format enables you to set up 3D logos, titles and 3D text, color them, apply the materials, maps and object settings, and then save them into files which you can reuse over and over in all your other Invigorator projects. This is a huge time saver for repetitive work.
- Invigorator PRO version 4 now supports 3D Motion Blur. Anything that can be created or imported into the Invigorator PRO can be motion blurred. This includes models made in other programs such as Maya, 3D Studio and LightWave.
Tracking After Effects 3D Objects
- Another great new feature is the ability for Invigorator objects to track, or mimic, what an AE 3D plane is doing. On the surface this feature might not seem that significant, however for the advanced After Effects user this feature opens the doors to incredible new abilities.
Layer Map Animation
- There is a new control for texture maps that will let you animate the wrap of a texture as it is applied to an object. This feature is especially useful for reflection maps. Once a 3D title comes to rest the reflections stop moving too. This can make the graphic look "dead" and uninteresting. By animating this new parameter the map will continue to move so the graphics will remain alive and visually appealing.
- Highlight Mapping, or Specular Mapping as it is sometimes called, is a type of texture mapping that only affects the highlights on an object.
- Much of the textural feel of a surface is contained in the highlights. The base paint job on an object may be fine, but over the top of the paint job the surface may be worn or dirty, and this type of surface detail isn't seen until you line your eye up with the glare from a light.
- Creative uses of highlight mapping include hidden messages like writing on a mirror, streaks, hand prints, scratches, dents and smudges.
- Version 4 PRO also supports render farming using the After Effects render engine. Now, multiple computers can be used to render your 3D Invigorator animations in record time.
Wireframe and Hidden Line Rendering
- For the visual designer, Version 4 has many new ways to paint the final picture and broaden your options for being visually creative.
- Wireframe rendering is that "techno-looking" style where 3D objects are rendered only as the lines that define their shape. This is uniquely appealing because objects look more like drawings rather than big clunky 3D objects.
- Hidden line rendering is a special kind of wireframe where you only see the lines that define the visible parts of the objects. In standard wireframe you see all of the lines no matter if they are on the front or the back of the objects. But with hidden line the back lines are hidden and you only see the lines that best show the front side of the object.
- Renders the 3D objects as though they were drawn by a poster artist or an animator painting animation cells. Standard 3D rendering paints the objects in continuous tones creating a photo-real look, but Cartoon Color rendering paints the objects in bands of color . The bands block in the color of the highlights, shadows and base, giving you a big bold look with lots of punch!
- This kind of rendering is useful when you want a color to be absolutely the same after rendering as it was before. For instance if you are doing a job for a corporate client who demands that their corporate colors be used and that the colors cannot be affected by the lighting or shadows in the 3D scene. This rendering option is also useful to put colored strokes around objects, for doing extremely graphic Pop Art looks, or to make 3D TV screens where the images in the TVs look as though they are lit from within.
- This is a special material option that makes a 3D object act like a mask. When an object with this material is visible it creates a traveling matte. (Prints black in the alpha channel.) This is used to block out objects that you don't want to appear in the final rendering. For instance you can use a placeholder cylinder to create a "3D Mask" that to enable 3D stars to circle around an picture of a bottle.
Shadow Catcher Rendering
- This enables the shadows from your 3D objects to fall onto the objects in a piece of background video. The way you do this is to build 3D objects that mimic the shape of the objects in the background footage then give those objects the Shadow Catcher material.
New Swatch Handling
- Swatches are now based on a global library system which keeps the file size down and speeds up the save process. It also means that once a material or object style is saved it is immediately available to use in all other Invigorator plug-ins, which is great for keeping projects consistent and speeding up work.
3D Invigorator Classic Features
- Once you have selected an Illustrator file to import, you can select an Edge Style to give your object a particular look. Invigorator ships with dozens of Edge Styles for you to choose from. 3D Invigorator PRO users can even install their own custom edges.
- Invigorator materials can be simple or complex. A simple material can just be a flat color. A complex material can be partially transparent, bumpy, and have a shiny surface. The Invigorator ships with several Material Swatches, which are easily accessible from the main Invigorator interface. You can apply your saved Material Swatches to different objects, or you can apply them to portions of a split edge.
- As you begin to use the Invigorator, you may find that you'll want to reuse the style of one object on another. Object Styles make this easy. An Object Style is a collection of an Edge Style, Materials, Object Depth, and a few other parameters. You can save the Object Style of any object and apply it to another. You can even use one of the many Object Styles that ship with the Invigorator.
- Arranging your object in the 3D view is done with the intuitive tools provided by the manipulator toolbar.
- Invigorator scenes may have multiple lights, each with their own color, intensity, etc. The lights may also cast shadows, adding realism to your images and movies. The Invigorator ships with several light presets and Light Styles, so you may start with one of the presets or you may create your own.
- While the Invigorator Set-Up window offers the full set of 3D tools and controls, you can do a lot of editing using the After Effects Effect Controls Window (ECW). The standard manipulator toolbar is available, as well as controls for setting camera information, lights, Set animation, and Layer Maps. You can edit all of your 3D animation and see the results in realtime in the ECW Preview window.
- You can use any After Effects layer as a texture for your Invigorator objects by using Invigorator Layer Maps.
- Once inside of the Invigorator Set-Up window, you can select a Layer Map as a texture instead of an image file. You can use Layer Maps for any of the Invigorator map types, including Color, Transparency, Bump, and Reflection. Since After Effects layers can contain animation, images, movies, or even other Invigorator effects, you are free to create any texture you like.
- You can have any number of objects inside of your Invigorator scene but the After Effects plug-ins can only control a fixed number of objects in the ECW. Therefore, the Invigorator allows you to assign groups of objects to Sets. These sets can be animated using the controls in the ECW, allowing you to spin, move, and tumble your objects around the 3D After Effects world. This feature, along with animated cameras and lights, allows for some very dynamic scenes.
3D Invigorator for Photoshop Features
Now this popular 3D design tool is available for use in Adobe Photoshop.
3D Invigorator creates its 3D objects from text, simple shapes or imported Adobe Illustrator files. You can easily model these 3D objects by adding depth, bevels and drag-and-drop materials.
Some of the practical and creative features of 3D Invigorator include:
3D Text Creation: Use the built-in text designer to create beautiful 3D text objects.
Sculpted 3D Edges: Sculpted edges add important details to 3D objects. Get complete control over how the 3D text or objects extrude and what their edges look like.
Import Illustrator Files: Any Illustrator file can be extruded into complex 3D shapes for an easy way to start the design.
Rendering Styles: Create different looks with a wide variety of rendering styles, including wireframe, cartoon, flat shading, and raytracing.
Full 3D Environment: Rotate the Objects and Camera in 3D space to view the 3D design from any angle, or move individual elements into new arrangements.
Material Presets: Over 100 different material presets give easy options such as gold, chrome, glass, lacquer, and puffy surfaces.
Material Creation: If the presets don’t provide the desired effect, users can design their own materials using the built-in tools or by importing custom files.
- Custom Lights: An unlimited number of lights can be positioned anywhere in 3D space for creative flexibility. Create custom lighting like an art deco style, a light for each text character, or a single bright light across the entire object.
Specifications & Licensing
- Host: Adobe After Effects CS5 - CS6.
- For users working with After Effects CS3 - CS4, please contact us for older versions of the plug-in.
- Intel Mac Only
- A video card that supports floating point calculations.
- Pentium 4 or better
- Windows XP service pack 2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- A video card that supports floating point calculations.
Licenses and media are delivered electronically. Upon purchase you will recieve a temporary activation code. The temporary code is then used to register software on the Zaxwerks website. After registration is complete your permanent activation key will be sent to you via email.
There are not Network licenses available.
Upgrades / Support
- Upgrade from Invigorator PRO 3.x
- Upgrade from 3D Invigorator Classic
- Upgrade from ProModeler
- Side-grade from ProAnimator
RFX is available for all your support needs.
Zaxwerks offers free technical supprt and feature requests via email or telephone.
Training / Resources